Wednesday 28 August 2013

Top 10 Saddest Who Episodes 2005-present (Part 2)

5. The Angels Take Manhattan

 Another episode where we had to witness more beloved companions leave. Amy and Rory were perhaps my favourite companions, I loved the connection between them and the Doctor - it was like family. The episode it self was quite good, I enjoyed the return of River Song and the weeping angels. There were a few sad parts such as when Amy and Rory jumped off the roof and of course when they got zapped back in time.

 

4. The Family of Blood

 In a previous article I reviewed the two-parter: Human Nature/ The Family of Blood. In this article I explained how tear jerking this episode is and focused on two key parts of the episode: when John Smith has to turn back to the Doctor and he doesn't want to and the end at the war memorial. The setting and the time period of this episode made the story feel very real and captivated the audience. I love this episode because we get to see a completely different side to the Doctor - a human side.
 
 
 
3. The Forest of the Dead
 
 In this episode we were introduced to a major character in the Doctor's life, at the time we maybe didn't get the emotional impact of this episode but having seen her in Matt Smith's tenure we understand how hard it was for River. It was hard for her to look into the Doctor's eyes and see no recognition. It was not hard though for her to give her life to save the Doctor.
 
 
2. Doomsday
 
 Just beaten to the top spot. Doomsday is the saddest companion departure episode in my opinion because Rose was the first companion I, and many other fans, saw. Her connection with the Doctor was brilliant and they really had something very special. The episode was very sad at the end when the Doctor and Rose thought that they would never see each other again.
 


1. The End of Time

 So the number one spot goes to the departure episode of David Tennant. I really enjoyed the two part episode, the story was good and I was really happy to see the return of the Master. I like how the Doctor said farewell to all his companions and friends without them actually knowing what is happening. But the saddest part is where he had to regenerate alone. I will always remember those final words, "I don't wanna go." This is the saddest Who episode.





No comments:

Post a Comment